My name is Rachael McDiarmid.
- I have been in the Australian book trade for 27 years.
- I've worked in a variety of marketing roles - from product management to senior marketing management, digital marketing and social media. I've worked in sales. And I've worked in management.
- I've worked on both sides of the fence - 16 years in publishing and 11 years as a customer (representing the largest single account for many trade and academic publishers). I think everyone should do a stint in both channels.
- I've worked in multiple channels - B2B, B2C, with the bulk being in the retail and library markets
- I've worked with print and digital content and marketing - my ebook career started in 2003 but I was selling CD-ROMs and databases in the mid 1990s. Recently I worked with ANZ libraries to launch and sell a number of digital platforms which I enjoyed immensely.
- I've worked with publishers and distributors - locally and internationally - all sizes and shapes - all backgrounds - for over a decade. One thing rings true "every publisher has its own story". You just need to figure it out.
- I've had some of the best mentors in the book industry and enjoy mentoring others as a result
- I'm known for my honest and professional approach
- I live in Sydney but my favourite place in the world to visit is Venice. You can read my Venice blog here.