In 2005, Peter was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world, and in 2009 The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age included him among the most influential Australians of the past half century. He is a Companion in the Order of Australia for his communication of ideas regarding animal welfare, global poverty and the human condition.
“A persuasive and inspiring work that will change the way you think about philanthropy...and that shows us we can make a profound difference in the lives of the world’s poorest.” —Bill and Melinda Gates
The Life You Can Save by Peter Singer
- A foreword by Mike Schur, the Creator of the acclaimed NBC show The Good Place
- An afterword by Charlie Bresler, Ph.D., The Life You Can Save’s Executive Director
- A multinational cast of celebrity readers for the audiobook. Expected lineup: Kristen Bell, Stephen Fry, Paul Simon, Natalia Vodianova, Shabana Azmi, Marc Evan Jackson, Mike Schur, Winnie Auma, Peter Singer
- Updates reflecting progress in the fight to end poverty and the challenges that remain
- New case studies that highlight current effective interventions and charities, including:
- Dr. Sanduk Ruit, who has performed sight-restoring surgeries for some 120,000 people working with the Fred Hollows Foundation
- Fistula Foundation, which has funded more than 40,000 obstetric fistula surgeries in 31 countries
- Project Healthy Children, whose food fortification programs benefit more than 55 million people
- Village Enterprise, which has transformed 1,000,000 lives through the Graduation Approach of microenterprise training and support
- GiveDirectly has provided cash transfers to over 100,000 households and is running a historic randomised control trial with universal basic income
- Calls-to-Action designed to make it as easy as possible for people to act
“Mr. Singer is far from the world’s only serious thinker on poverty, but with The Life You Can Save he becomes, instantly, its most readable and lapel-grabbing one.” —The New York Times
How to do your part to end world poverty 10th anniversary edition
ISBN 9781733672702 | Paperback | 312 pages | 203 x 127 mm | A$29.99
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details regarding the 10th Anniversary edition of The Life You Can Save. 3 December 2019 embargo date.
For bookseller enquiries
The Life You Can Save 10th Anniversary edition will be available from Ingram Spark in a paperback edition from 3 December 2019. Please contact your Ingram account manager for more information.
The Life You Can Save 10th Anniversary edition will be available from your local library vendor from 3 December 2019.